Sunday, May 1, 2011

Things still up in the air

Ok so I posted that I got a job, I did. Funny thing though, I haven't heard from them since. I was told they would email me a schedule for when I would start. I waited nearly a week and then emailed them asking them when I would expect to start so I could get my daycare sorted. They replied saying that they would send me the schedule the next day. That was a week ago now. It leaves me feeling very confused, do I have the job? is this how things are run there?

I did go for a second interview at another job so I am hoping to hear from them this week. They are a bigger company so I am assuming that things are run a little more reliably.

I got accepted to one school, but have no idea how to register or haven't sorted out financial aid yet. I am waiting for a response....waiting....waiting. I keep hoping to hear from the other university I applied to because it has a more prestigious name, but beggars cant be choosers and if this university is willing to accept me then I will take courses from them until I get accepted into the program that I want.

So we are still waiting. I really never thought that it would all be this long. I have been out of work for four months now and our finances are tight. Its come to the point that I don't know if we are going to be able to afford the family vacation we planned this year, which would disappoint the kids terribly. They have been looking forward to it so much. Oh well, focus on the positive, we have our health and things are bound to pick up.

2 comments:

  1. There is a reason for everything in life,it's just sometimes we don't know that reason right away.
    Best vacation we had with our kids (eons ago) we sayed home and did all the fun things locally we never had time to do before....they still ( now in their 40's) talk about it!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, hope you hear about the job soon. A staycation at home can be fun. Trick is to treat it as a vaction so no doing the ordinary everyday chores, go out to new places in your area, see if there are any free activities in your area the kids can take part in, plan picnics and just have fun.

    You won the little royal wedding giveaway I had on my blog so if you send me your address by email (my email is on my blog) I'll get it sent of to you :)

    Frith

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete